This provocatively entitled talk allows Steven to confess his sordid kiss ‘n’ tell secrets. He demonstrates various techniques on how to unfairly manipulate images by displaying and discussing examples to show how his more outrageous images were “manufactured”.
A lively and enjoyable evening to be had by all. Rotten eggs and ripe tomatoes at the ready! Many large prints are available to view at the start of the evening and during the break.
This 2 hour talk is aimed at advanced, intermediate, and novice photographers, and has the following structure:
- Introduction – bio’, why do it, workflows, and definitions.
- Quick-fire Quiz – can the audience spot any cheating and if so what “airbrushing has been employed?
- A brief history of cheating, from the advent of photography through to present day examples.
- Steven’s cheating examples, covering various techniques such as cloning, layers, replacing backgrounds, background blurring, and motion blurring.
- Steven debates the ethics of just how far should one go, using a theoretical example scenario
- 10 Minute break
- More of Steven’s cheating examples, covering more advanced techniques such as using multiple images, replacing skies, HDR, Photo Stacking, “Frogs on Logs”, and variety of other miscellaneous examples.
- Steven’s non-cheating examples, just to prove he doesn’t always fiddle ‘n’ diddle.
- Final thoughts.
Please contact Steven at Talks@StevenGalvin.Photography for more details.